The commemoration will be held between 12 noon and 1.00pm in the garden between St Mary’s Street and Bayley Lane, Coventry. In attendance will be the Lord Mayor and Trade Union and political leaders Guest speaker this year will be: Martin Orpe West Midlands Regional Organiser UCATT As in previous years, the Coventry Trades Union Council will be organising a commemoration to honour thousands of working people who have been killed, fall sick or get injured at work. The event will pledge renewed efforts by trade unions and the community to improve health and safety standards at work. In times of economic crisis this is even more crucial. Take a moment to join us and think about those who have lost their lives through their work and think what you can do to protect yourself and colleagues at work.
Singer Jordan Adams will also be performing at the event on 25th June 2016 at Central Hall, 7pm-9pm.
The Coventry Peace Festival 2015 takes place between 1 November and 14 November but also includes a few events slightly outside these dates that very much relate to the peace message.
A full list of the events taking part is below.
Wednesday 25 November :
- Free Film: MIRAL at the Big Comfy Bookshop, FARGO
Friday 13 November :
- Peace and Culture Fashion show
- Troubling Stories - and why we need to hell them
- Performance Poetry Evening at Radio Plus
- IMAGINEER with Coventry Cathedral presents Carmen Funebre and Liberty
Friday 13 to Sunday 7 February 2016 :
- Indelible Marks: The Dresden Project by Monica Petzal 75 years exhibition
Friday 13 - Sunday 15 November :
- Friends of Palestine pop-up shop
Thursday 12 November :
- Call It Out! A workshop for young people exploring responses in bullying
Wednesday 11 to 13 November :
- Rising 2015 - Global Peace Forum
Tuesday 10 November :
- Peace Gallery
Friday 6 November :
- Peace Celebration!
Thursday 5, 12, 19 and 26 November :
- "Inner Peace"
Wednesday 4 and Wednesday 11 November :
- "Language of Peace" Art and Craft workshop
Wednesday 4 November :
- Shine a Light - Painting Candles for Peace
- Compassion and Nutrition: A Recipe for Resilience, Recovery and Wellbeing
- Body Acceptance: Working with LGBTQI Communities
- Fire and Dust - Peace and Conflict - Poetry Open Mic
- The United Nations at 70: Assessment of the machinery of the UN, how it evolved and where we go from here
Tuesday 3 November to Saturday 7 November :
- Flare Path
Tuesday 3 November :
- Women's Health and Inner Peace (Meditate and Laugh Together)
Monday 2 November to Friday 6 November :
- Brunch Time Peace Show
Friday 30 October to 14 November :
- Peace Festival of St John's
Wednesday 28 October, 4, 11 and 18 November :
- "Expressions of Peace" Creative writing workshop
Wednesday 28 October :
- Lord Mayor of Coventry's Annual Peace Lecture
Page 4 of 4